Do you love spending time outdoors, getting your hands dirty and building outdoor living areas so awesome you snap your own pictures to show to your family and friends?
We know you. You're the kind of person that is excited to come to work each day and loves just standing back at the end of the day to marvel at your team's work.
Earth, Turf, & Wood specializes in creating high-end outdoor living environments. Our projects often include a combination of:
- Natural stone and paver patios and walkways
- Small masonry or interlocking retaining walls
- Outdoor kitchens with grills, pizza ovens, etc.
- Fire pits & outdoor fireplaces
- Pavilions and pergolas
- Outdoor lighting
We have been in business since 2000, and we have seen steady growth, year after year even during the recession. This growth has led us to needing another Hardscape Foreman. This person would be working under our project manager learning our systems and managing the crew when the project manager is not on-site.
Experience, Skills and What the Job Requires
To be a great hardscape crew foreman you'll need good communication skills. You'll be dealing with homeowners, crew members, operations manager and a landscape architect.
There will also be times when you'll have to make quick and cost-effective decisions in the field while reading and interpreting architectural plans and interpreting elevations.
Your team will depend on you to make sure you organize their materials and even release them from suppliers. You'll get to train new crew members you've learned from your many years of experience, teaching them best practices. You will be responsible to not just create natural stone and paver patios, but construct small walls, walkways and more.
You and your crew will install all sorts of hardscaped elements, as well as planting trees, shrubs and installing landscape lighting.
- Requires knowledge of operating a mini x, skid loader, cut-off saw
- Clean driving record of at least 3 years (CDL is a plus, but not required)
- Masonry experience, construction experience, and the ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required
We offer a great benefits package with excellent pay. We are a drug/alcohol/tobacco-free company that enlists pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Higher than average pay for our industry
- 90 Day Sign-On Bonus
- Year-Round Position
- Additional Incentives for Productivity
- Health Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Travel Time To & From Jobs
- Paid Training in the Off-Season